1. The name of the Group shall be: Salisbury Garden Volunteers.
2. The Group shall be constituted as: an Unincorporated Association.
3. The aims of the Group shall be: To maintain and develop the garden forming the Wiltshire
Council Bourne Hill campus, Salisbury, so as to provide a place of relaxation and recreation for the local community and visitors. To maintain any outlying beds that are in need of care so as to enhance the local environment and visitor experience (subject to available finance and manpower). To provide a habitat for wildlife and to garden in a way that is ecologically sound and sustainable.
4. In order to achieve its aims the Group may: Raise money, open bank accounts, take out insurance, acquire and maintain structures, organise events, work in association with other groups and do anything that is lawful that will help to fulfil its aims.
5. There will be a Team Meeting with all available volunteers once a month to discuss projects, working practices, problems and ideas.
6. Volunteers of any age can join the group but children must be under the supervision of a parent. No discrimination shall be made regarding age, gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual preference, religion or belief.
7. The Group shall be administered by a committee, the officers of which shall comprise a Chairperson, Treasurer and Secretary. The committee may co-opt other volunteers.
8. The duties of the Chairman shall be to act as Team Leader, represent the Group to the public and other organisations.
9. The duties of the Treasurer shall be to supervise the financial affairs of the Group and maintain accounts of income and expenditure.
10. The duties of the Secretary shall be to keep records of meetings and decisions and to be responsible for the communication with volunteers.
11. Any money obtained by the Group shall be used only for the Group. Any bank account shall be in the name of the Group. Any cheques shall be signed by the Chairman or Secretary.
12. In the event of winding up, any assets remaining after all debts have been paid shall be given to another group with similar aims.
Signed by Chairman, Mark Brandon 9th June 2019.